Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Introducing Angelique! Makeup Artist Extraordinaire


October flew by here at Believe and we suffered our annual shock to see Christmas decorations going up at our local supermarket before the calendar had even changed from November. But ready or not, the holiday season is upon us all and, at Believe, we have a special announcement to help you shine at all the upcoming parties:

Believe welcomes Makeup Artist Extraordinaire: Angelique Massaline. Angelique is a freelance artist for the world-famous Mac line of cosmetics and has joined the Believe family for makeup makeovers or applications by appointment.

Here is a little about Angelique in her own words:

“I love makeup. It has the power to transform, giving you a chance to completely change your look from day-to-day. You can enhance or exaggerate your features; you can be soft and natural; or edgy or go for over-the top glamour. Makeup also allows you to camouflage imperfections or add better-than-what-Nature-gave-you bone structure using contouring and highlighting techniques without going under the knife. The best part is, all the changes just wash off.

I've been doing makeup pretty since I begged my mom to let me wear it (at about 14 and have been indulging my passion ever since. Older friends of mine in their ‘20's would ask me how I did my makeup and wanted tips and, once I realized I was good at what I did and had a natural talent, I went to BOCES (Board of Cooperative Educational Services) and took a Cosmetology course. Once there, I quickly realized that hair was not my passion, and, after some time working in the corporate world, I arranged my life so that I could pursue my dream of being a true artist of makeup full-time. I am thrilled to be able to do so at Believe.

I first became interested in doing makeup because I have big eyes and I wanted to learn how to play them up even more. The first eye shadows I owned were gold, silver and pink (it was the ‘80's) which are colors I still use, albeit in less frosty forms.

By finding and applying the right colors for people, I love seeing how someone can come out of their shell and maybe find an alter-ego or just a little more confident version of themselves.  All it takes is a little shimmer here and some shadow there. 

Personally, I love getting dolled up and really enjoy employing perhaps a bold red lip and some winged black liner to bring out the inner Marilyn or Audrey in a woman who didn’t know they were inside of them just waiting to come out and dazzle the world. I truly enjoy doing makeovers as well. I had the amazing experience recently of making up the ladies for the Discovery Store Fashion Show and am eager to show off some tips and tricks I learned for Believe’s wonderful customers. 

Oh, and I can’t neglect to mention that I particularly love brides and feel honored when I’m entrusted to do their makeup on their special day.  

So, I look forward to meeting you all and working with Lisa and her incredible staff at Believe. It is a special place with wonderful creative energy and I can’t wait to add my own talents to the brilliant team at Believe. Please call now (914) 747-0778 or book online to make your appointment (before the holiday rush starts in full force.)

Let’s create something truly special for the holidays.

Here’s to a more beautiful you,
Angelique”

We at are delighted to have Angelique and are accepting appointments for her now. Schedule a new look for the holidays or give a makeover as a gift or learn a new color palette for the changing season (or your changing skin) or get a makeup lesson to suit a new hairstyle.

(And while you are at Believe, ask about our new product to give you the longest lashes you’ve ever had –more on that in December—and stock up on a few early gifts to get a head start on your shopping. We have some terrific suggestions.)

Hoping to see you soon. We are thankful for all of you!